Complete training, supplies and safety solutions

supplies and safety solutions Complete training,

supplies and safety solutions Complete training,

supplies and safety solutions Complete training,

previous arrow
next arrow


A dangerous goods driver Licence is only required for transport of dangerous goods in the following cases:

(a) in a receptacle with a capacity of more than 500L
(b) if there is more than 500kg in a single receptacle
(c) in the case of intermediate bulk containers (IBCs), where the total capacity of all IBCs is more than 3,000L or where any IBC is filled or emptied while on a vehicle.

Kells Training Centre offer Training in the Nationally Accredited unit of competency TLILIC0001 Licence to transport dangerous goods by road [based on the 7th edition of the Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG 7)]

On successfully completing assessment, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment. You can then apply to the EPA for the issue of your Dangerous Goods Licence


  • Definitions
  • Nine Classes of Dangerous Goods and Packing Groups
  • Retail Distribution Load
  • Marking of Package Dangerous Goods
  • Placarding of Unit Loads of Dangerous Goods
  • Marking Vehicles/ Containers Transporting Packages Of Dangerous Goods
  • Marking of Dangerous Goods Vehicles
  • Bulk Transfer
  • General Packing to IBC, Package Large Pack.
  • Incompatible Goods
  • Stowage and Restraint
  • General Precautions during Transport
  • Documentation
  • Safety equipment
  • Hazchem Codes
  • Transport Emergency Response Plan

It is now MANDATED all renewals must be completed over two days.

Licence Course
Duration of Course – Compulsory 2 day course 2 x 8 Hour Days
Training Cost (incl Training Manual)$453.00
Kells Total Training Fee$453.00
 If we submit your application to the EPA on your behalf
$20.00 paperwork processing fee & $57 EPA Licence Fee
Total Fees Payable to Kells Training Centre



Requirements for Licence application

  • Medical assessment must be provided on the official EPA Form.
  • RTA Driving History Print Out. This must be within 6 months from when you submit your application to EPA. This must be stamped by the RMS.

If you have moved interstate, you will require a print out from that state for any time in the 5 year period.

(Where a licence has been held overseas during that period a certified copy of the photo licence (front & back) should be provided along with a National Police Certificate)

  • One passport photo
  • Colour Photocopy of your driver’s Licence
Already know which course you would like to book?